Thursday, May 25, 2006

Google Labs

Google Labs- A.K.A. your playground on the Internet

So, I know you always want to be the first on your block using the cool new device on the internet. Well, if you do, then you should be hanging around Google Labs.

These are the folks who brought you the applications GMail (which is now my default personal mail), Google Earth (which I've mentioned before) and the image utility Picasa.

These are all great, and they fill a need I didn't even know I had before they came along. But the latest thing that has my eye is something simple that I've wanted for a while.

I'm always jotting down website addresses and notes, or sending myself e-mails to remember things I saw online. Now, there's Google Notebook. You can write yourself notes, copy & paste words and images and save the address so you can check it out later. Plus, if you have Firefox, it's that much easier thanks to a special plugin.

No comments: