Thursday, January 19, 2006

Mike in Washington

All right, kids. I know it's been a few days, but I'm finally giving you the low-down on my recent (business) trip to DC.

Unfortunately, because all of the pictures I have feature co-workers who failed to fill out the official "On the Mike" photo waiver, there are no pictures of me in front of the White House. You'll have to be happy with this fine illustration of the event at the Old Executive Office Building.

Now, on to the important stuff: I stayed at the VERY nice Willard Hotel. Apparently, Madeleine Albright was also staying there, so if it's good enough for a former Ambassador to the UN and Secretary of State, it's good enough for me.

And, because no business trip is complete without a culinary recap, the big meal on the trip was a celebratory lunch at the Capitol Grille. Despite committing the mortal dining sin of mixing steak and white wine, I can attest to the amazing experience that is dry-aged filet mignon. I really shouldn't be forced to eat anything else after that.

That's it for now. I promise that you'll see the single most incriminating photo EVER in the next post!

M Posted by Picasa

No comments: